Welcome Chagrin Falls Dads’ Club Fans!
THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED: And will be re-offered Spring 2014
The Internet Safety for Parents online course can still be purchased here
OvernightGeek University has partnered with Chagrin Falls Dads’ Club to offer Internet Safety training to parents and families. As part of our agreement with this fantastic organization, the price of the course has been dropped $30 (see discount code below) AND a significant percentage of each purchase will be donated back to the Chagrin Falls Dads’ Club in support of Chagrin Falls Schools.
If your children are 4 to 17 years old, you really should consider taking this online course. It’s self-paced and you can watch (and watch again) from any internet connection.
Why Internet Safety? How bad can it really be?
If you are NOT concerned about your child’s safety on the internet, on their cellphones, online gaming devices, apps, cameras, and “live” gaming systems… you should be! Digital content and digital connectivity are critical to: our children’s academic success and preparation for a 21st century workforce. An overwhelming percentage of adults and children are “connected” 24/7/365.
But what does that mean?
- What is sexting? Has my child already been exposed to sexting or sexual predation?
- What about cyberbullying? Could my child already be a : perpetrator, victim, or bystander?
- My child uses social media platforms like SnapChat, Instagram, and Ask.fm.
They seem harmless enough – should I be worried?
(Hint: yes, you should be worried, especially with these three)
- How do I check-up on what my child is doing online?
- My child spends hours on Minecraft and other online gaming platforms like XBox.
Is there a risk here? (Hint: Yes, yes there is!)
This course takes Internet Safety for Families from square one – and assumes nothing.
Watch the introductory video below
Note: if you don’t see the video, just REFRESH this page….
What is included in the Internet Safety for Families online course?
- General Understanding: Includes statistics, understanding risks, cyberbullying, sexting, sexual predators, and social media
(Lessons 2 through 9)
- Platform Review: We take each well known (and lesser known) apps and social media platforms and break them all down
(Lessons 10 through 39)
- ISTE Standards: The Internatioal Society for Technology and Education created 9 Standards for Digital Citizenship. Here’s a lesson on each one (Lessons 40 through 49)
- Don’t Be A Sheep: A presentation specifically created to speak directly to tweens and teens
(Lessons 50 through 57)
- Parenting Tools and Concepts: These lessons answer the most typically
asked questions – like: “When is my child ready for a smartphone?” (Lessons 58 through 64)
How much does it cost?
Through a partnership with Chagrin Falls Dads’ Club, the price has been lowered to $99 (make sure to use code dadsclub at check-out). The regular purchase price for this course is $129 for one year’s worth of access to course materials.
In addition, a significant percentage of the purchase price will be donated back to Chagrin Falls Dads’ Club, which ultimately benefits the students of the Chagrin Falls School District.
This offer expires on September 21, 2013
When you purchase this Internet Safety self-paced course, you will have access to all of the resources and materials for an entire year from the year of purchase. Feel free to watch the videos as many times as you like, download other materials when they are made available. All with no limitation….
- Attend the entire course from the comfort of your home or office – or any internet connection
- Created as a library of resources
- Watch videos, download documents, follow resources links, read blog posts
- As new concerns pop-up, they will be added to the library which you will have access to for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Most of the lessons will also have resources available within the lesson below the video on the screen. These will include: current news items, suggested books, any studies which have been completed on the topic, and downloads you can use at home. It would be better to watch the videos first, and then explore the resources.
As newer platforms and concepts are born, they will be added to this library throughout the year. After purchase, check back frequently!
- Buy the course and use the code DADSCLUB to reduce the $129 price to $99 ($30 savings)
- Your purchase gives you access to the course for ONE YEAR from the date of purchase
- Receive your login credentials via email
- Log into the self-paced library of lessons
- Watch videos at your own pace, share them with your family, download documents, read suggested articles – as often as you like
- When new risky social media platforms pop-up, they will be added to the library
Wondering about how to become more involved in Chagrin Falls Dads’ Club? We’re so glad you asked!!
- Become a member
- Visit the website
- Join CFDC on Facebook
- SAVE THE DATE: October 26, 2013: Big, Crazy Halloween Bash. Start thinking about costumes NOW – the theme is “Music and Musicians”
Jesse Weinberger is an Internet Safety Expert, digital strategist, instructor, and the owner of OvernightGeek University. Weinberger has created an online course for parents and families called Internet Safety for Families. She has been teaching parents, schools, and students how to navigate online and mobile risks for over 10 years. Learn how to keep your children safe online at www.OvernightGeekUniversity.com
Latest VideosClick here to watch in a larger format«Prev1/1Next»Are live-streaming apps safe for kids? Meerkat, Periscope, YouNow, FlinchInternet Safety Safety Tips for Parents: Digital Parenting & Where to BeginInternet Safety Tips for Parents: Apps every parent should monitor and limitHow to protect children from online predators : WKYC - Live on LakesideYik Yak: What parents need to know to keep their children safe- Al Jazeera America ReportsBefore you buy your child a digital device - think safetyWhen Is My Child Ready for a Smartphone?Internet Safety Expert: Jesse Weinberger - Cyberbullying Tips for Parents«Prev1/1Next»