VIDEO: Internet Safety Tips for Parents- Make sure your kids are NOT using any of these apps
Jesse Weinberger – Internet Safety Speaker for Schools appeared on Fox8’s New Day Cleveland show and explained a few of the apps which parents should be aware of. If you have children ages 6 to 20 you should watch the video below…then scroll past the video for additional resources and internet safety tips for parents.
- Vault apps which children as young as 8 years old are using to store and hide pornography
- Yik Yak which is the equivalent of a digital bathroom wall where users can type anything at all, and anyone within a 5 mile radius can read all local comments
- Kik which is meant to be a “safe” closed texting environment but has become a favorite method among online sexual predators.
Read other Internet Safety Tips for Parents
- Someone called me ‘militant’ – best compliment I’ve ever gotten. Internet Safety risks require immediate engagement, like now
- VIDEO: Parents are you wondering: When is my child ready for a smartphone?
- PARENTS & SCHOOLS: Twitter has just made it easier to report trolls and threats to law enforcement
- The Barrel Has No Bottom : Yik Yak Review: Another Anonymous Social Media Site Perfect for Cyberbullying & It’s Worse Than Ask.fm
- I Disagree Completely With HuffPost Article – Here’s What You Should ACTUALLY Do If You Catch Your Kid Sexting
- An Open Letter to Teens Who Use Ask.fm; Read, Post, & Share
- VIDEO: Internet Safety: Before you buy your child a digital device – think safety
- VIDEO: Internet Safety Expert : Jesse Weinberger on WKYC-Cleveland to Discuss Cyberbullying and Internet Safety
- VIDEO: Internet Safety: Best Parenting Practices to Keep Children, Tweens, and Teens Safe in the Digital World
- Internet Safety for Parents: Being proactive is the only defense for your tweens, teens, and family
- Parents of teens WAKE UP! Fake Facebook account contributes to the abduction and murder of 15 year old Nichole Cable in Maine
- Entire High School Football Team Gets Suspended Because of Cyberbullying on Ask.fm
- A Cleveland Teen is Murdered After a Facebook Argument – aka Internet Safety Basics: DON’T Feed the Trolls
- Adults and Kids: Stop Being Stupid. The “Gonna-Be” Posts Are Going To Get You: Robbed, Kidnapped, Assaulted
Jesse Weinberger is an Internet Safety Expert, Internet Safety Speaker for schools, and the author of “The Boogeyman Exists: And He’s In Your Child’s Back Pocket”; a guide for parents and educators on how to keep children safe in a 24-7 always connected digital society. Learn more about how to keep your children safe online
She has been teaching parents, schools, and students how to navigate online and mobile risks since 2003. Jesse is available for presentations to schools, parents, students, and organizations all over the United States.
Latest VideosClick here to watch in a larger format«Prev1/1Next»Are live-streaming apps safe for kids? Meerkat, Periscope, YouNow, FlinchInternet Safety Safety Tips for Parents: Digital Parenting & Where to BeginInternet Safety Tips for Parents: Apps every parent should monitor and limitHow to protect children from online predators : WKYC - Live on LakesideYik Yak: What parents need to know to keep their children safe- Al Jazeera America ReportsBefore you buy your child a digital device - think safetyWhen Is My Child Ready for a Smartphone?Internet Safety Expert: Jesse Weinberger - Cyberbullying Tips for Parents«Prev1/1Next»