EVENT: 3/6/14: Speaking at OASSA: Ohio Association of Secondary School Administrators – Hot Topics Session
On March 6, 2014 I will be presenting at OASSA’s Hot Topics Session in Columbus, Ohio. The Ohio Association of Secondary School Administrators offers its members many benefits including professional development.
The Hot Topic Conference being held on March 6th will include speakers on ethics, the legal aspects of teacher evaluations and other “happening now” hot topics.
I will be presenting: “2014 Digital Underbelly: How to react when serious life-changing tech issues affect your students”
Description: This presentation covers the vastly misunderstood reality of your students’ digital life (and the issues are way larger than just cyberbullying). Every day, your students are engaging in behaviors which are resulting in serious life-changing consequences. Learn what to look for, and how to be reactive AND proactive when digital issues land in your hallways and in your office.
Member AND Nonmembers are welcome to attend all OASSA events. Hope to see you there!
More information on OASSA and this event in particular
- Register for the March 6th Hot Topics Conference Agenda & Registration Download
- OASSA Website
- Become an OASSA Member
- Future OASSA Events
Read more from the Internet Safety Blog
- Orange City Schools – Brady Middle School ROCKS At Not Becoming Sheep
- Thank you St. Albert the Great Parish & School For Presenting Internet Safety Presentation for Parents
- An Open Letter to Teens Who Use Ask.fm; Read, Post, & Share
- VIDEO: Internet Safety: Before you buy your child a digital device – think safety
- VIDEO: Internet Safety Expert : Jesse Weinberger on WKYC-Cleveland to Discuss Cyberbullying and Internet Safety
- Internet Safety: Best Parenting Practices to Keep Children, Tweens, and Teens Safe in the Digital World
- Internet Safety for Parents: Being proactive is the only defense for your tweens, teens, and family
- Parents of teens WAKE UP! Fake Facebook account contributes to the abduction and murder of 15 year old Nichole Cable in Maine
- Entire High School Football Team Gets Suspended Because of Cyberbullying on Ask.fm
- A Cleveland Teen is Murdered After a Facebook Argument – aka Internet Safety Basics: DON’T Feed the Trolls
- California Senate Bill 568: The “Eraser Bill” Will Accidentally Hurt the Cause of Internet Safety
- Adults and Kids: Stop Being Stupid. The “Gonna-Be” Posts Are Going To Get You: Robbed, Kidnapped, Assaulted
Jesse "Big Mama" Weinberger is an Internet Safety Speaker for schools, the host of the Internet Safety Podcast: Big Mama's House Podcast, and the author of The Boogeyman Exists: And He’s In Your Child’s Back Pocket; a guide for parents and educators on how to keep children safe in a 24-7 always connected digital society. Learn more about how to keep your children safe online. She has been teaching parents, schools, and students how to navigate online and mobile risks since 2003. Jesse is available for internet safety presentations to schools, parents, students, and organizations all over the United States.