The Stay at Home order has had an immense impact on family dynamics – particularly in terms of technology and device usage. Cabin fever + boredom + too much togetherness can become a real challenge, and as a result it’s easy to feel like a parenting failure. You’re not alone, we’re all screwing it up.
For this episode, I interviewed William- a father of four, Hailey and Holly a mother-daughter duo from Long Island, and my own two best friends from high school – Phoebe and Clarice. I asked them about where they are succeeding and where they are failing in terms of digital parenting. Their answers are honest, helpful, and frequently hilarious. I hope you enjoy hearing this episode as much as I enjoyed creating it for you.
Remember – Parenting is hard. Be kind yourself
You can also hear Big Mama’s House Podcast via your favorite podcast player:
- This Is Us
- Vampire Diaries
- Gilmour Girls
- Marie Kondo’s Tidying Up
- All American
- U.S. Military Branches Block Access to TikTok App Amid Pentagon Warning (read)
- State Department and DHS ban TikTok from government-issued devices (read)
- The Department of Defense Is Warning People Not to Use TikTok Over National Security Concerns (read)
- 02:15 Part One : Interview with William
- 22:10 Part Two : Interview with Hailey & Holly
- 46:19 Part three : Interview with Phoebe and Clarice
Jesse "Big Mama" Weinberger is an Internet Safety Speaker for schools, the host of the Internet Safety Podcast: Big Mama's House Podcast, and the author of The Boogeyman Exists: And He’s In Your Child’s Back Pocket; a guide for parents and educators on how to keep children safe in a 24-7 always connected digital society. Learn more about how to keep your children safe online. She has been teaching parents, schools, and students how to navigate online and mobile risks since 2003. Jesse is available for internet safety presentations to schools, parents, students, and organizations all over the United States.