Part 1 of the COPPA Series – In this internet safety podcast you will learn about how schools are mandated (by federal laws) to protect your children and their data. Because of the stay-at-home order, schools have been forced to quickly transition to online learning and may accidentally be putting student’s privacy and data at risk when using social media and livestreaming apps.
Remember – Parenting is hard. Be kind yourself
Big Mama’s House Podcast: Part One: When Schools Overshare – COPPA Law and Your Child’s Privacy on Apple Podcasts
Part 1 of the COPPA Series – In this internet safety podcast you will learn about how schools are mandated (by federal laws) to protect your children and their data. Because of the stay-at-home order, schools have been forced to quickly transition to online learning and may accidentally be putting s…
You can also hear Big Mama’s House Podcast via your favorite podcast player:
In an effort to increase student and community engagement, schools may accidentally be putting student’s privacy and data at risk when using social media and livestreaming apps. In this internet safety podcast you will hear
- the hardest part of travelling all over the US to work as an Internet Safety Speaker for schools
- why Big Mama thinks that Guidance Counselors are the unsung heroes of all K-12 buildings
- why you’re a chump if you buy $100 yoga pants
- the reality of what’s happening in schools across this country
- an ode to educators everywhere
- how COPPA and CIPA laws are being accidentally disregarded
- how your children are being put at risk as a result
- an interview with the amazing Amanda Clapp, Esq – in-house counsel at Neola.com – a firm which specializes in helping navigate, write, and maintain legal school policy for over 1500 school districts in 6 states
- Big Mama cry like a giant dork (13:17)
Mentioned in the episode
Amanda Clapp, Esq
In-house Counsel Neola.com – – a firm which specializes in helping schools navigate legal policy for over 1,500 school districts in 6 states.
NEOLA- 3914 Clock Pointe Trail, Suite 103 – Stow, OH 44224
Phone: (330) 926-0514
- COPPA Law – learn more about the FTC’s COPPA law here
- CIPA Law – learn more about the FCC’s CIPA law here
- To learn more about this Internet Safety Podcast, internet safety and parenting, and more, go to the START HERE document where you can watch videos, download school resources, parent resources, and more.
- To learn more about joining the Big Mama’s House Fan Club go to www.Patreon.com/BigMamasHouse
Join the twice monthly e-mail to get alerts when new content goes live.
By the way: we NEVER share or sell your email address.
You might also be interested in these other parenting podcast and internet safety podcast episodes
Jesse "Big Mama" Weinberger is an Internet Safety Speaker for schools, the host of the Internet Safety Podcast: Big Mama's House Podcast, and the author of The Boogeyman Exists: And He’s In Your Child’s Back Pocket; a guide for parents and educators on how to keep children safe in a 24-7 always connected digital society. Learn more about how to keep your children safe online. She has been teaching parents, schools, and students how to navigate online and mobile risks since 2003. Jesse is available for internet safety presentations to schools, parents, students, and organizations all over the United States.