Season 02 : Episode 00 Pilot: Moist dudes in basements & parents who don’t pay attention
A new season, a new beginning. Too many parents either don’t engage or don’t believe that their teens (and elementary school kids) are suffering. That’s why Season 2 of my podcast, and all future seasons will be focused directly to the students – to teenagers. If we’re going to make even the slightest dent in digital safety we need help from a population who doesn’t need to be “convinced” that there’s a problem in the first place.
And as always –
Be careful and avoid moist dudes in basements
Kids - make your parents listen to this episode. Here‘s what they’ll hear:
- Your children want YOU, they want you to spend more time with them.
- Your children want for you to SEE them, to care about what’s going on in their lives.
- They want you to use YOUR phone less, to listen when they’re trying to talk to you.
- They want you to STOP posting about THEM on your social media.
- They want you to STOP asking them to pause a LIVE GAME
- They’ll do almost anything to avoid “getting in trouble” including giving in to an online predator’s threats.
- They want you to know that they’re under immense mental health pressure.
- They want to stop being used as the world’s scapegoat – the nonsensical idea that kids are the only ones struggling with device usage. As if parents aren’t just as addicted – because they are.